- In-house, co- and associate productions: We have staged three full scale 5-star-reviewed in-house productions to date. And our fourth one is our current anniversary production and the winner of our playwriting award 2017, The Black Eye Club (1-18 Nov, www.blackeyeclub.co.uk). Furthermore, we have staged scratch nights and showcase productions and since this year also associate and co-produce with visiting companies.
- Publishing: Something brand new is, we have set ourselves up as an independent publisher and in 2018 we will begin publishing selected plays that premiere at the theatre!
- Festivals: We have launched the in-house Clapham Fringe Festival which has been growing successfully for three years and have also hosted further festivals, such as the groundbreaking UNHEARD and One Billion Rising Festivals. We are also expanding our outreach to festivals and in 2018 will be welcoming the Breaking Loose Festival, the Talos Sci-Fi Theatre Festival and the Pub Theatre Festival.
- New tech equipment & layout: Having started out with 8 lights on two stands three years ago, much has changed since. We now have permanent scaffolding lighting rig, double the amount of lights as well as a full lighting desk and a new stage entrance. As we constantly work on further improving the space we have more exciting upgrades planned, first up getting some new speakers fitted as well as installing a projector and screen, so we will also be able to host film screenings in the future. (Plus the pub downstairs also had an amazing refurb.)
- Awards: We have been named a recipient of the ICWP 50/50 Applause Award three years in a row and are the only London venue to have been so, as well as receiving it every year we’ve actually existed. We have awarded Emerging Companies and Playwrights through our own award and support schemes with free space, money, productions, development and more.
- Networking & development: We are running a free monthly playwrights circle, a free quarterly networking event and a biannual scratch night to offer networking and development opportunities to theatre-makers. We also consistently support visiting theatre companies by offering straight-forward box office splits.
- Emerging theatre-maker schemes: We have launched an Emerging Director Scheme supporting one emerging theatre director every year and are looking into expanding our support for individual artists in the future as well.
Over 300 productions have been performed at the venue.
Over 1,000 performances have taken place at the theatre.
Over 35,000 audience members have passed through our doors and left us with an average audience rating of 4.9 stars!
Thanks to everyone who has supported the theatre on its journey so far and on to the future!
Join us for official celebrations at The Black Eye Club on Friday 3rd November (followed by reception and drinks for audience & team)!
P.S. Below is the documentary Godiva Films made for the 2nd anniversary of our theatre!